Seek medical attention for any of the following:
1. a change in level of consciousness (including difficulty in awakening).
2. abnormal behavior
3. increased headache
4. slurred speech
5. weakness or loss of feeling in an arm or leg
6. persistent vomiting
7. enlargement of one or both pupils (the black round part in the middle of the eye) that does not get smaller when a bright light is shined on it
8. seizures (convulsions or fits)
9. significant increase in swelling at injury site
Do not take sedatives or pain medication stronger than acetaminophen (paracetamol) for 48 hours. Do not take aspirin or other anti-inflammatory medications because of interference with platelet function and theoretical increased risk of bleeding.